Check out the newsletter to learn more about an opportunity this October to get the flu vaccine through Southcreek Office Park, but know that the shot is not the only way to prevent the spread of flu in the workplace. Here are a few more tips for keeping everyone healthy during flu season:
- Be sure to cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and dispose of the tissue immediately after you use it.
- Take the time to wash your hands frequently with soap and water. If you cannot wash your hands in a sink, clean them regularly with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose, and mouth, as this is an easy way to spread germs.
- Avoid close contact with sick people if possible.
- If you do get sick with a flu-like illness, the CDC suggests that you stay home and avoid contact with others for at least 24 hours after your fever breaks, except to get medical care or other necessities (your fever should go away without the use of medicine that reduces fever).
Check out the September issue of Southcreek’s newsletter, What’s Up at the Creek? for more tips on how to stay healthy this flu season and information on our vaccine program.