Searching for an office lease for your company can be a daunting process. There are long-term factors to be aware of when choosing a space, so you do not have any regrets once you are already set in your lease. Here are just a few to consider:
1. Current market conditions. Knowing current market conditions can help you best negotiate a lease and protect you from overpaying for your rental space.
2. How much space you really need. Overestimating or underestimating your space needs could cost you over the course of your lease. Consider a few different factors:
• How many employees will be working in the space.
• Whether employees will be in private offices, cubicles or a combination.
• What common areas you need, such as conference rooms or break rooms.
• What kind of flow and separation configurations you want.
3. How your company’s future needs could differ from current ones. A company’s needs could change due to a number of factors, such as layoffs or downsizing, increased business, business reorganization, or changes to the local tax laws. It is important to be aware of these potentialities when signing a lease.
Being cognizant of these factors can help you carefully select your ideal office space. For guidance in finding an office space in Kansas City for your company, feel free to call Kathy Woodward DDI Commercial real estate broker at 913-685-4100!