Atchison, Kansas, birthplace of Amelia Earhart, is celebrating the life of this famous flyer by hosting the 16th annual Amelia Earhart Festival! The festival will be both fun and informative, with Earhart experts sharing research and literature, a fireworks display, and plenty of fun activities for the kids. Here is some more information on this event:
Dates: July 20-21
• LakeFest outdoor concert by Warnock Lake featuring rising country music star Chris Young and Kansan Jerrod Niemann
• Arts & crafts fair
• Awards and honors
• Music on the Mall
• Panel discussions with Earhart authors and researchers – this year’s Speaker’s Symposium topic is “Amelia and the Media”
• Mad Science of KC
• Reptiles Upclose and Personal
• Train rides and the Atchison Rail Museum
• Meet “Amelia” at the library
• Acrobatic performances
• Food vendors
• Pilots performing stunts
• Children’s activities
• “Concert in the Sky” fireworks show
Prices: Prices vary depending on what you want to do. A bracelet for the carnival it is $20, or $18 presale. The arts & crafts fair and Music on the Mall are free! Lakefest tickets are $30 at the gate and $25 in advance.
Contact Info: For more information, call 800-234-1854
Don’t miss out on the chance to celebrate an important historical figure from our very own Midwest!
Looking for office space in Kansas? Southcreek Office Park has a diverse array of affordable spaces to choose from! Give one of our commercial real estate brokers in Overland Park a call at 913-685-4100 to find out how we can accommodate your business.