Choosing a location for your small business is perhaps one of the most important business decisions you will make, and requires careful research and planning. The first step in this process is determining your business’s needs. An obvious factor in location is good exposure to customers, but here are a few other things to consider:
- Competition – determine if the businesses around you are complimentary or competition.
- • Brand Image – does the potential location fit with the image your business wants to uphold?
- • Local Labor – are there potential employees in the area, and how long will their commute be?
- • Proximity to Suppliers – they need to be able to get to you, just as customers do.
- • Plan for Future Expansion – be sure the space gives your business room to grow if you need it.
- • Safety – look into the crime rate in the area, keeping in mind how employees will feel alone in the building or in the parking lot.
- • Zoning Regulations – make sure that you can conduct your type of business at the potential property. Contact your local planning agency to find out about property zoning.
If you are considering moving to office space in Overland Park, KS, feel free to contact a commercial real estate broker in Overland Park at 913-685-4100 with any questions about how our spaces can meet your business’s needs!