Head to Powell Gardens for the 16th annual Festival of Butterflies taking place from August 3-5 and 10-12 from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm! This year’s festival will feature beautiful species from Costa Rica, including the Stoplight Catone, the White Morpho, and the Thick-tipped Gretta, also called the “Costa Rica Clearwing” because it appears “see through.” You can appreciate these and other tropical, free-flying beauties in the indoor butterfly conservatory. The festival also has two outdoor butterfly breezeways where you can view native species and festival attractions. Here are just a few of the attractions this year’s festival will include:
• “Fancy Nancy” storytelling each day at 10:30 am
• Caterpillar Float & Costume Parade each day at 11:00 am
• A Trolley Service running daily from 10 am – 5 pm
• Children’s activities including a caterpillar hunt, costume parade and antennae headbands, and catch-and-release, butterfly wings, paint-a-pot, and face painting
• Café Thyme Indoor Café open from 11 am – 2 pm daily
• Drinks and Light Bites from the Garden available in the Heartland Harvest Garden from 11 am – 3 pm.
• After the festival activities conclude, the indoor butterfly conservatory will be open to the public from 10 am – 4 pm on August 6-9 and 13-19.
Admission is $12 for adults, $10 for seniors, $5 for children ages 5-12, and free for children 4 and under. Don’t miss out on the chance to see these exotic beauties!