By the end of your search for office space, you will be more comfortable with knowing your business’s needs and how different office spaces can meet those needs. You will be almost ready to sign a lease. However, there are sometimes a few little clauses to remember to look over before signing. Although these clauses are small, they are important for insuring that your business is in the perfect space. Here are a few of these little clauses to consider:
- Insurance – Some landlords may require insurance coverage, which might be up for negotiation.
- Parking – Does your business need reserved spaces? Will you be charged for parking spaces?
- Relocation – This clause gives landlords the power to move tenants to a new, similar office space. Often you can make sure landlords will be responsible for the cost of the move.
- SNDA – This clause states that your lease will still be honored if your landlord defaults.
- After Hours A/C – There might be additional costs you need to be aware of for running heating or A/C after business hours.
Be sure to keep an eye on details like these as you prepare to sign a lease for an office rental space in Kansas City!
If you want to talk about leasing space in the Kansas City area, give a commercial real estate broker in Kansas City a call at 913-685-4100!