If you have decided that working with a commercial realtor to find office space for lease in Overland Park is in your company’s best interests, the next step is to find a realtor that will best represent your goals. Here are a few characteristics of a good realtor that you might want to consider as you decide who to work with:
- Full-Time. There are both full-time and part-time professionals out there, but the downside of choosing a part-time realtor who only works a few days a week or on weekends is missing out on several opportunities.
- Experienced. Find out about the background of realtors you are considering. How many transactions do they typically handle per year? A more experienced realtor will help make your transactions run smoother.
- Trustworthy and Likeable. Since you will be forming a business relationship with this person, you want someone who is easy for you to talk to, understands your business’s needs, and is confident and trustworthy.
- Internet Savvy. Like most businesses, commercial real estate rental has become more and more dependent on the internet. The internet allows you to find properties faster, so be sure to pick a realtor who knows their way around the Web.
- Agrees to an “Out Clause.” You do not want to get stuck in a long contract with an agent that you are not getting along with. Maybe they impressed you in their interview or came with good credentials, but it is possible for relationships to go bad, so including an “out clause” in the contract could come in handy.
If you need an agent to help you in your search for Overland Park office space for lease, be sure that they are someone who you are going to be comfortable working with and who is going to best protect the interests of your business.
Need help finding executive suites in Overland Park? Give one of our commercial realtors a call at 913-685-4100!