It is important to seek feedback from your employees, even if it is sometimes painful. Here are a few open-ended questions to ask them to get them thinking and provide you with some potentially helpful information, as suggested in the article “5 Steps to Getting Better Employee Feedback (Even If You Hate It)”:
- Why did you decide to work for this business? What has made you continue here?
- What do you think is the biggest strength you bring to this business?
- Do you feel that the work you do makes a difference in the company?
- How have you been thanked or recognized for your work in the past 6 months?
- What professional development assistance have you received?
- Does your supervisor provide you with frequent feedback?
- What do you think is the most important thing we need to improve in our organization?
- What are our core beliefs and mission?
- Who is our number-one competitor?
- How do you usually receive company-wide information?
Remind your employees that there are no right or wrong answers and that you will be open minded in your reception of critique, and you might find yourself with some useful and constructive feedback.
Is your business looking for commercial realty in Kansas City? Give us a call at 913-685-4100 to find out more about commercial MLS listings in Kansas City.
The holidays are approaching, but before you panic about finding gifts for all of your loved ones, join Silvercrest Active Retirement Community at Deer Creek for their Annual Holiday Craft Bazaar! You can find one-of-a-kind gifts for all of the special people on your shopping list! Here are some more details about this event:
Dates: Friday, October 25th – Saturday, October 26th
Times: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm both days
Silvercrest at Deer Creek
13060 Metcalf Ave.
Overland Park, KS
- Holiday Decorative Items
- Fleece Throws
- Candy Trees
- Children and Adult Aprons
- Baked Goods
- Knitted Scarves & Hats
- To Order Monogramed Pewter
- Hand Bags
- Collegiate Items
- Soups and Jellies
- Needle Craft
- So much more!
Contact Information: 913-681-1101
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to both support a local community event and finish some of your holiday shopping early!
Is your business checking out Commercial MLS listings in Kansas City? If you are hoping to find some available office rental space, give a commercial real estate broker in Overland Park a call today at 913-685-4100 to find out why Overland Park with resources such as restaurants, banks, hotels, hospitals, golf courses, and more is such a great location to grow both your family and your business!
Looking for a new business space for rent in Overland Park? Ask yourself this list of questions to make sure you are on track in your search for the perfect office space for your business:
- What location or locations best serves my clients/customers? Think about both your current and prospective clients when finding a new space: will current clients follow you to a new location? How will doing business in a new place affect your attainment of new clients? Don’t forget that your business location will have an effect on your current employees, as well as your future labor pool for staffing needs down the road.
- How long of a lease is best for my business? When considering this question, think about the potential growth your company could experience in the next few years. If your growth is hard to predict, you might want to try for a short-term lease, but the downside of signing a short-term lease is changing rental rates. You might be able to find a long-term lease with an option for expansion that could accommodate your business’s potential growth. Long term leases are typically ideal when rental prices for real estate are low but predicted to rise. Short-term leases mean that your business will have to move frequently, which costs time and money. Know a little bit about the pros and cons of short versus long-term leases before you sign a contract.
If you have any questions about commercial MLS listings in Kansas City, give us a call at 913-685-4100!
One way to be a sharp office space hunter and a savvy lease negotiator is to know the terms associated with this process. Knowing the names of the different types of rents and fees or different types of spaces and services can help you pinpoint exactly what you are looking for in a commercial space and be able to articulate that to landlords. Here are a few terms to know:
Hot Building: A building that has more than one Wi-Fi hub, versus having just a single hot spot area of the building. Because of today’s increased need for wireless technology, a lot of new buildings are being designed as “Hot Buildings” in order to draw in larger businesses and new tenants.
Additional Rent: Costs that a tenant might have to pay for items besides usable square footage or other regular rent costs, such as HVAC, Common Area Maintenance (CAM fees), after-hours services, percentage rent, or any other expenses that are not covered by base rent.
Shadow Market: Vacancies on the commercial space market that are technically “unseen” or “unofficial” spaces that are available because of subleasing and/or extra space that a company has leased but is not actually using.
Knowing about random terms like these before you begin searching and negotiating could help ensure that your business gets exactly what it is looking for in a commercial lease!
Want to talk more about commercial MLS listings in Kansas City and how to start looking for your business’s perfect office space in Kansas City? Give us a call today at 913-685-4100!