Since you spend so much time during the week in your office or cubicle, why not personalize it? Before you get started, think about the culture of your company. If you work for a more conservative business, you do not want to go overboard on decorations, but if your company is more creative and modern, you might have more freedom to jazz up your space. Here are some tips for making your office or cubicle your own:
- Brighten up the walls. If you have plain grey walls, consider covering them with craft paper, colorful fabric, wallpaper, or even Astroturf! You can attach these coverings using Velcro tape.
- Add some green. A living plant will improve both your mood and the air quality of your office, since plants give off oxygen and soak up pollutants. Bamboo or some small ivy plant are good low-maintenance plants for an office. You might also consider bringing in fresh flowers every so often. If plants aren’t really your thing, you could even put a goldfish in a bowl (but remember to feed it!).
- Make a fake window. Have a photo that inspires you or a piece of art framed with lightweight window molding and hang it in your office for your own personal picture window!
These are just a few ideas to make your personal workspace more enjoyable for you!
If your business is interested in finding office space in Overland Park, KS, give us a call at 913-685-4100 to find out about our available office suites for rent in Overland Park!
Before signing the dotted line on your lease agreement, carefully look over the terms to make sure that the lease is really meeting your business’s needs. Here are a few things to think about as you review a lease:
- The rent and lease length – Can you afford rent? How long is the lease? You probably do not want to get stuck in a five to ten year lease if possible. This can be a difficult lease to be in if your business grows more rapidly than you anticipated or the location turns out to be less than ideal. Your best option is a short term lease with option to renew.
- The physical space – Does your business need modifications to the original space? For instance, do you need to raise a loading dock, add some cubicles, or rewire for better communications? If so, confirm that you or your landlord is able to make those kinds of changes.
- Considerations specific to your business – Think about minor things, such as your signage privileges if you expect primarily walk in customers, or whether or not your landlord can lease nearby space to competitors.
It is so important to go over your lease carefully—as tedious as it may be—to make sure that the needs of your business are being met. Know what you are getting yourself into, or your business could pay for it down the line.
If your business is looking for an office space in Overland Park, KS, give a commercial real estate broker in Overland Park a call at 913-685-4100!
Office spaces can be a major source of energy consumption, which hurts both the environment and your company’s budget. Learn how to go green and cut energy expenses by making some simple changes in your office:
Tip #7: Eliminate Screen Savers
- Screen savers might be nice to look at, but did you know that they use full power from your computer monitor and the same amount of energy your computer uses when you are working on a spreadsheet? In addition, a study done in 2009 found that almost half of American employees who use computers at the office do not even shut them down before going home at the end of the day. This terrible habit costs American businesses almost $2.8 billion in unnecessary energy expenses annually.
- To reduce this inefficiency, turn off your computer monitor or put the computer in “sleep” mode before heading out for a coffee or lunch break. Doing either one of these things can significantly reduce the amount of energy consumed by computers. The U.S. Department of Energy recommends putting your computer to sleep or turning off the monitor for breaks longer than 20 minutes, and shutting down the computer if you are going to be gone for 2 hours or more.
Asking each employee to do small, simple things such as eliminating screen savers and hibernating their computers can be a significant step in reducing your company’s electric bill.
Looking for office rental space in Overland Park? Give us a call at 913-685-4100 to find out about our available office space in Overland Park, KS!
Check out some of these great deals available to Southcreek Office Park tenants at The Midland and the Sprint Center! Here are some details on upcoming event discounts:
Friday 5/10 at 8:00
Offer Expires: 5/6 at 5:00 pm
Jillian Michaels: Maximize Your Life Tour
Sunday, 5/12 at 6:30 pm
Offer Expires: 5/9 5:00 pm
WWE Monday Night Raw
Monday 5/20 at 6:30 pm
Offer Expires: 5/10 at 5:00 pm
Chris Mann in concert
Saturday 6/1 at 8:00 pm
Offer Expires: 5/28 at noon
Saturday 7/27 8:00 pm
Offer Expires: 7/24 at 5:00 pm
The Fab Four: The Ultimate Tribute
Saturday, 10/5 8:00 pm
Offer Expires: 10/1 at 5:00 pm
CBE Hall of Fame Classic: Wichita State, Brigham Young, DePaul and Texas
November 25 – 26 at 6:30 pm
Offer Expires: 11/11 at 5:00 pm
Remember that that these tickets are subject to availability and while supplies last, so take advantage of them soon! Call Heather at 816-949-7147 Monday – Friday between 9:00 am – 5:00 pm or send her an email at email@example.com to place your ticket order. The only fee is a $1.25 handling fee.
If you are interested in moving your business to an office space in Overland Park, KS, give a commercial real estate broker in Overland Park a call at 913-685-4100 to find out about our available spaces!