Many business today are realizing the advantages of teamwork and trying to foster more collaborative environments in their offices. If you are committed to growing teamwork in your workspace, here are a few common traits of team-oriented staffs to keep in mind, as suggested in the article “Building a Sense of Teamwork Among Staff Members”:
- Honesty – people tend to trust each other more when they feel that they can be more open about things, which leads to tighter knit groups that avoid suspicion and gossip.
- Acceptance of Work – while most people would rather choose what to do at work, good teams are made of people who can accept assignments from others, which is a more realistic work model. People who work on teams are also often held accountable by peers to get work done on time and done right the first time.
- Goal-oriented – people who work well on a team have already collectively accepted their purpose and direction and collaborate to achieve these aims. A good team leader motivates a team by explaining clearly how their specific project goals fit into the bigger picture of the goals of the company.
- Results-directed – a good team constantly asseses their progress, rather than just getting mired in the process of something. By consistently assessing their results and adjusting any future action accordingly, a good team continues to operate smoothly and effectively.
- Empathetic – good team members are also able to put themselves into each others shoes and consider how their actions and attitudes effect other members of the team. They are also able to listen respectfully to each other’s points of view and keep in consideration the needs and work styles of their coworkers.
- Hardworking – the reality is that sometimes projects take longer than expected, but a good team is able to work together until a job is finished. Some teams can begin to fall apart when things get down to the wire and some members start to contribute less time and effort.
If you are trying to promote a team oriented environment in your office, consider how you can promote these values among your employees—often this kind of mentality starts with good leadership! If you are interested in business space for rent in Overland Park, give a commercial real estate broker in Overland Park a call today at 903-685-4100 to learn more about our available spaces and talk about setting up a tour!