‘Tis the season…for county fairs! There are plenty of fairs going on in the Midwest this time of year, so don’t miss the chance to visit at least one of them! The Riley County Fair has it all—rides, fair food, a rodeo, and more! The fair will take place on the Riley County fairgrounds from July 26-30. Here are a few events you won’t want to miss:
- 4-H Bake Sale – Cookies, cakes, pies, oh my! The sale will take place on Wednesday, July 25, from 4-7 pm and Thursday, July 26, from 8 am until the baked goods are gone.
- Ottaway Amusements Carnival – Every night of the fair from 6:00 – 11:00 pm. Buy a wristband for $22 to ride all of the rides.
- Pedal Tractor Pull – Youth ages 4-12 are invited to race tractors attached to a weighted skid using their own pedal power. Contest takes place Thursday the 26th at 7:30 pm.
- Riley County Fair Parade – Local businesses, organizations, and politicians are all welcome to participate—no pre-entry required. Just check in at 5:30 on Thursday to reserve a spot, and the parade begins at 6:00.
- Fair Factor – Takes place on Saturday the 28th. Teams can enter to participate in eight different contests to determine the Fair Factor winner!
- Entertainment Stage – Enjoy live, local entertainment from July 27-29, and even enter the 6th Annual Riley County Idol Contest!
- Blue Valley Pork Producers BBQ – On Friday, July 27 from 5:00-7:00 pm, dig into a pork burger, baked beans, chips, ice cream, and a drink for $6.00.
Don’t miss out on these and more events!