Many businesses at some point or another have had to ask themselves the question: should we relocate? There are several different factors to consider when determining whether relocation is the smartest move for your business. Here are a few things to consider if you are wondering if you should move to a new office space:
- A cost benefit analysis – this should include not only the price difference in rentable square footage for a new space, but also the costs of relocating.
- Advantages and disadvantages to accessibility and visibility for your current or potential customers or clients.
- The distance between commutes – how long will it take employees to get to this new location, and will they be willing to make that change, or will you have to draw from a new staffing pool?
If you are fairly certain your business needs to move, another thing you might wonder about is how much time it should take to relocate. Your time estimation should account for the following:
- Getting the new space move-in ready
- Packing and loading everything you need from your old office space
- Transporting and unloading everything
- Unpacking and settling into your new space
If you think that relocating is best for your business, advanced planning and a realistic time estimation can make the moving process run a lot smoother.
If you are considering moving to a new office space for rent in Kansas City and would like some more information about office space in Kansas or would even like to set up a tour, give us a call today at 913-685-4100.