Tips for After You Relocate to a New Kansas City Office Space for Rent

Moving to a new state can be almost as much work for a small business owner as when you first started your business.  Just as when you first started up, you will need to register and comply with state and local tax laws and apply for any necessary permits and licenses.  Here are a few items to put on your checklist to get done once you have moved:

  • Register with your local government for any business permits or licenses you might need.  There are online tools to help you figure out what permits and licenses you might need based on your new zip code and your business type.
  • Make sure you register for a “doing business as” naming permit.
  • Contact the local revenue agency to apply for a new tax ID number and make sure that you are aware of all city and county business tax regulations.
  • Be sure to take care of your employer responsibilities, such as disability insurance, unemployment insurance, and worker’s compensation insurance, which you can take care of on your state’s website.

These are all legal issues that you need to take care of when relocating, but which you can address after you have already moved into the new location.

Looking for a small office lease in Kansas City?  Give us a call at 913-685-4100 to find out about some of our commercial space for lease in Kansas City!


Related Southcreek News